Data warehousing and business intelligence (DW/BI) refers to the range of activities involved in extracting, synthesising, analysing and presenting data to inform decision making and generate new business insights. The Australasian Enterprise Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Conference is the only trans-Tasman forum on data warehousing and business intelligence. It provides an annual meeting place for sharing experiences, best practices and the latest thinking about how to use data to make better decisions and generate business insights. It is the “must attend” event of the year for DW/BI practitioners across Australia and New Zealand and attracts speakers and participants from around the world. It is an open, vendor independent conference, organised by DW/BI practitioners for DW/BI practitioners.
What is different about this conference:
- World class speakers: the programme includes some of the leading international experts on data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Published book: all participants will receive a published book, consisting of written papers (not Powerpoint slides) as permanent documentation of the conference.
- 3 conferences for the price of 1: there are 2 co-located conferences (on enterprise architecture and enterprise data management) that participants can attend for no extra charge.
- A variety of session formats rather than “Death by Powerpoint”: the programme includes keynote presentations, practitioner presentations, a data storytelling café (an interactive session where participants will learn to apply concepts of data storytelling to their own data), panel discussions, lightning talks and half-day and full day workshops.
- Unique venue: Luna Park is one of Australia’s most iconic venues and one of only two amusement parks in the world that are protected by government legislation because of their importance to the national heritage.
- Social programme and networking opportunities: including use of the Luna Park rides, a cocktail reception and an “all the fun of the fair” conference dinner.
- High quality programme: the presentations on the programme were selected on merit by an expert committee composed of representatives from the Australian Computer Society (ACS), Institute of Analytics Professionals Australia (IAPA), Institute of IT Professionals New Zealand (IITP), New Zealand Analytics Forum (NZAF) and The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI) Australian chapter.
- Vendor independent: unlike commercial conferences, sponsors cannot buy speaking slots on the programme (i.e. no “infomercials”) and sales oriented presentations are specifically excluded.
- Speaking slots are open to all DW/BI practitioners via an open call for presentations rather than “invitation only” as in commercial conferences.
The conference is run in partnership with the leading professional associations and certification bodies relevant to data warehousing and business intelligence in Australasia: